Hi Ikai,

On Friday, January 7, 2011 12:09:24 AM UTC+1, Ikai Lan (Google) wrote:

> Hey guys, some answers to your questions that we've compiled from various
> team members (mostly Alfred, presenter of "Next Gen Queries" and the fourth
> one from the left in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg0TEIRQePg
> ):
>
> - Typically, how long does it take for HR query data to become consistent
> (a ballpark figure)?
>
> 100ms is the estimate. However - we have seen cases where this can be
> higher. If you were to use the eventual consistency read option in the
> master-slave configuration, we've seen that the average replication lag is
> about 3 minutes with an upper bound of 10 minutes.

Does the eventual consistency lag only affect DB indexes (i.e. the query
results contain up-to-date entities as if fetched via db.get(), but they
might not really match the query, anymore)? Or does the lag affect the
actual entity data returned by the query (i.e. the results contain
*outdated* entities, IOW returning older data than db.get())?

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald