I need suggestion for the database model designed by me for the app I
am going to develop.

Requirement:
I am going to fetch messages (belongs to a particular user) and insert
into the datastore and update the unread count for that user
accordingly. Later on user can do operations like marking all/some
read/unread to his/her own messages.

Database Model:
Entities: User, Message, Count
Entity Group: list of messages (belongs to a single user) and count
(to keep trac of read/unread) entity. Entity group is per user
specific (kept user's email id as parent for the entities to keep them
in a single group).

Operations:
Insert: I want to add list of messages by making a makePersistsAll
method call and update count for a user accordingly. I think I have to
do this in a single transaction. Messages to be added belongs to a
entity group (means belongs to a single user).
Update: Updating status for the list of messages (could be more than
1000 entities) and update Count accordingly. Again doing it in a
single transaction. Messages to be updated belongs to a single entity
group (means belongs to a single user).

May be possible that more than one user's requests comes in and have
to add/update entity groups per user simultaneously.

Is there any problem with this design model? Anything you can suggest
to me.

Thanks
Sameer