Hello All,

I've been reading up on a lot for AppEngine over the past couple
months. I think I'm ready to start on my project, however, I have a
few questions before I start (I want to make sure my planned design
will scale well).

The idea isn't too hard. First, I'm going to use the multitenant
features within AppEngine to seperate data between companies. I hope
to put this on the Google App market and the idea is that different
domains would have their own set data when they sign up. I obviously
won't use their domain names as my namespaces. I'll use the Users API
and federated logins to authenticate users.

Now, I'll have a certain entity that will be mostly user-defined. I
plan to use an Expando model to define this entity. I'll have a few
basic fields set, but I want the user to define the remainder of the
fields. For the most part, they'll specify the title of the field and
it will be stored as text. I will obfuscuate the custom field names to
avoid conflicts with exisitng/reserved fields and have a seperate
model/list to define the custom field names/types so that all
instances of this model follow the structure defined by the user.

Does this sound like a good way to model what I'm trying to achieve?
Does anyone have any suggestions/tips on alternative methods? I'm
trying to avoid high CPU usage and rely mostly on storage space,
though I'm not sure how this will scale if the user defines 40+ custom
fields and enters over 5000 instances of this entity. I'd like them to
be able to search through the custom fields (not text-searchable, more
like equivalence queries) and maintain low resource usage and fast
response times.

On a RDBMS, I'd probably have multiple tables and a bunch of join
statements for aggregating such a custom user-defined entity, however,
I realize Datastore can suffer if I start thinking of a RDBMS design.

Also, on a side note. I was in need of storing lists of tuples for one
kind of entity. I read online to keep the lists seperate but ordered
and manage additions/deletions accordingly. Is this a good way to
store tuples on a Datastore model? For instance, a list of emails and
the type of email address it is, like Work, Personal, etc: I'd keep
one list of just the e-mails, and another list of the kind of e-mail
it is, this way I can still search through the list of e-mails without
having to worry about the type of e-mail it is.

Thanks in advanced!