Hi Ikai,

I'm glad to see this change.

Some issues that reported by me almost a year ago still remains in new
status, so I just thought your team had no much time to take care of our
issues.
When I got something need to be fixed immediately, I also found it was hard
to contact any of your guys. I usually get response 2 days latter (duo to
time difference) or never.

My another concern is the Chinese document is too out of date. Is there no
any Chinese engineer works for App Engine team?
Many Chinese developers still refer to the old document and get mislead. So
I receive various App Engine questions every day in my blog or some forums
and answer each of them, but I have no easy way to re-share them to most of
the other Chinese developers (because Google Groups has been blocked by
Chinese government).
I feel like it's very inefficient, and why Google can't do it better?

I know it's difficult for Google to handle so much issues and questions. I
mean if 1 Googler service 1000 developer, there may need to be
hundreds of Googlers
to service more than 100 thousands App Engine developers (so far as I
known). It's not easy to manage such a big team and expect the developers
won't increase faster than Google's hiring.

At last, I want to ask some questions:
1. Is there a deadline for each issue?
2. How soon can we expect to get resolved when we get emergency problem?
Which is the most efficient way like a hotline? (I know there is App Engine
for Business Support, but it's expensive for small apps.)
3. Can your team share more articles and details in document instead
of the developers
themselves collecting informations from Google Groups or I/O sessions?
4. Does Google plan to offer trainings of App Engine developing, or permit 3rd
parties to do it?

Hope this update really helps us.
keakon

My blog(Chinese): www.keakon.net
Blog source code: https://bitbucket.org/keakon/doodle/

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 7:50 AM, Ikai Lan (Google)
<ikai.l+gro...@google.com<ikai.l%2bgro...@google.com>