Hi Robert,
my search range it's between 5 and 100km, so I was thinking to use a
small grid and retrive the 9 cells around the point by using the IN
operator.
Then, I have seen on the documentation that using the IN operator
actually split the original query in N subqueries (9 in my case) so I
guess I need to run some performance test.

Cesare