Hi,
I'm using java ...
If you plan a multi-tenant application used by many Google Apps
Domains then the Namespace is useful
to separate between different Domains data. In case you use openid for
authentication, the  java API getAuthDomain()
provide a domain unique string that can be good for Namespace .

Note: you need to both read and write using Namespace

http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/javadoc/com/google/appengine/api/users/User.html#getAuthDomain%28%29