I try to access my app from my computer a few minutes ago. This error
message appears. I'm assuming it's fine when accessed from somewhere
else.

----------------------------
Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network.
Please try your request again later. Why did this happen?

This page appears when Google automatically detects requests coming
from your computer network which appear to be in violation of the
Terms of Service. The block will expire shortly after those requests
stop.

This traffic may have been sent by malicious software, a browser plug-
in, or a script that sends automated requests. If you share your
network connection, ask your administrator for help — a different
computer using the same IP address may be responsible. Learn more

Sometimes you may see this page if you are using advanced terms that
robots are known to use, or sending requests very quickly.

I was busy testing the API I'm developing (on my app), when this
suddenly came up.

I've been constantly developing and testing my app for a few months
already, and this only happened today. So I'm not sure what happened.
Should I be worried?

And another thing, does this mean that google implements some sort of
automatic DOS protection on AppEngine apps? I always assumed that we
had to manually set this up ourselves.

Thanks!