On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Michael Weinberg <weinbe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> @Brandon - images such as logos, icons, etc.. are served as statics,
> from the /resource directory. Images for actual deals are served as
> blobs due to their dynamic nature (e.g. uploaded by users). It's
> interesting that you say your static images load faster.. Maybe
> because you already have them cached locally in your browser? Do you
> mind sharing a link to your website?
>
> @Jon - I actually do that, when browsing from outside of Canada you
> should get a message and be redirected to the default location
> (Toronto, Canada). If you didn't see that it means that the Google IP
> Geocoding didn't work for some reason. I will double check that,
> thanks for comment!

It took me to Toronto. I then typed US cities and zip codes into the
search. I thought the site was broken in the beginning so I drug the
map down into the US. After a while I figured out that the site was
Canada only.

For example if I type in New York, put up an obvious alert banner of
some kind that says the service is for Canada only. Or maybe a map
overlay that says out of service area.  Most internet sites work
anywhere in the world so there needs to be some more prompting on
geographically limited sites.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsm...@gmail.com