My app uses Google Account API for user authentication. There is also a
number of integrated applications (desktop apps, cron jobs, etc) which run
elsewhere outside of the GAE. The integrated applications currently use
ClientLogin to authenticate themselves when logging in to the app.

Now I'd like to give my website users possibility to use their OpenID
identities. This means that I have to switch my application to use federated
login. I guess this means that ClientLogin will not work any more. So, all
integrations will get broken.

I understood, that it is possible to implement login procedure for desktop
applications with OAuth. But this *requires* user interaction meaning it
does not work for the cron jobs. I was trying to find any information about
this issue, but that's surprisingly difficult.

So, to sum this up: with federated login enabled, is there a way to
implement login for applications which does not require user interaction?
For example a cron job takes username & password from a file when loggin in
to my app at GAE. Just like ClientLogin does?