Hi Colin,

You are not guaranteed a serialised ordering.

In the documentation
(http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/taskqueue/overview.html#Queue_Concepts)
it states "However, the system attempts to deliver the lowest latency
possible for any given task via specially optimized notifications to
the scheduler. Thus, in the case that a queue has a large backlog of
tasks, the system's scheduling may "jump" new tasks to the head of the
queue."

On 13 February 2011 02:54, Colin Hawkett <hawk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Ikai - great release! One question, can a queue that is rate limited
> to 1 concurrent task be seen as a FIFO serialised queue? i.e. is order
> guaranteed, even if the current running task fails it goes back to the front
> of the queue? I'm guessing you don't guarantee this behaviour but thought
> I'd check. Would be an excellent feature. Cheers,
> Colin

Greg Darke