Just a note: you won't be able to reclaim the app id if you delete it.
 If you want to keep the app-id, I'd wait until Ikai (or another
googler) responds with a solution.

Also, there is an IRC office hour this Wednesday at  9AM PST.  If you
haven't heard from them by then, you might pop in and try to catch one
of them.

Robert