Hi Kashif,
  Use one of the verbose output flags (I'd start with verbose):
    -v, --verbose         Print info level logs.
    --noisy               Print all logs.

  Linux 2.6 is not particularly descriptive, there are many distros.
You should try with Python 2.5 and verify that you have App Engine SDK
1.4.2, which was released a couple weeks ago.

Robert