Do you know what exactly is being returned to the client?  You might
want to take a look at some of these issues and see if any matchup
with what you're seeing:

http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/list?can=2&q=forbidden+country&colspec=ID+Type+Component+Status+Stars+Summary+Language+Priority+Owner+Log&cells=tiles

I think 4560 is the 'main' issue, the others are probably dupes.
   http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=4560

If that's what is happening I would star it and add your details.

Robert