Hi,

We don't provide callbacks to check on upload progress. Your client should
be able to do this itself, since it's the one sending the data - for
example, by using a widget such as plupload, which supports various runtimes
for enhanced upload functionality.

-Nick Johnson

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 2:45 PM, zixzigma <zixzi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to create a Progressbar for uploading files on Blobstore ?
>
> last time I was working on GAE, about a year ago, this functionality was
> not possible,
> because Blobstore never provided any callback for developers to ask for
> staus info regarding what is happening, amount of data sent, etc.
>
> when users upload large files, they expect some visual feedback,
> they want to know what percentage is downloaded, how much is left.
> just knowing Start and Finish is not enough, and results in poor usability.
>
> for this very same reason we decided to chose AmazonWS !
> because file upload was an important part of our requirement.
>
> now a year has passed, and I am in the same situation !
> I looked at the documentation but could not find any API regardint this.
>
> I was wondering whether it is possible now,
> or whether anyone has managed to get this working,
> without using a FlashBased solution.
>
> Thank You

Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine