Hi,

The number if indexes isn't affected by the number of properties on an
entity. It only has to do with the number of indexes for "complex queries"
that are needed in your application (i.e. Those in index.yaml). So the
number of indexes created automatically (by properties on indexes) are
probably only limited by your available storage and doesn't limit the number
of entities or properties on entities.

See:
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/config/indexconfig.html
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/datastore/propertyclass.html

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 7:19 PM, piplayan nayak <pipla...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a newbie to app engine datastore. I am currently evaluating migrate my
> existing webapp to app engine.
> I found that the hard limit for indexes is 200 for an application.
> So, i am really confused whether this constraint forces many limitations on
> the app engine datastore design.[ for eg. no of entity kinds, no of
> properties in an entity] etc.
>
> Please advice me on this
>
>  --

Ian