I'm using google-app-engine-django, Django 1.2, dev_appengine 1.4.2.
Data I was add to the datastore via manage.py shell

When I try

python manage.py dumpdata myapp > fixture.json

I get a file with empty square brackets.

I created file manually
[
    {
        "model":"myapp.news",
        "pk":25,
        "fields":{
            "title":"Title News Check One",
            "body":"Body News Check One"
            }
    }
]

After python manage.py loaddata myapp/fixtures/fixture.json

I've got DeserializationError: Invalid model identifier:
'myapp.news'

Next my attempt is fixtures = ['djengine.json'] in a TestCase
instance. And data didn't load again.