Thanks for the link, Stephen.

In my case, the code do get executed, they fail on datastore put(), mostly
due to DEE, timeout, ApplicationError. In normal circumstances, the failure
is rare and it gets caught by catch blocks, nicely. However, sometimes
during a short time frame, there are sudden bursts of this kind of errors,
and when that happens, the catch blocks never get a chance to run, according
to our logs.

Best,

Will