We are also finding that deletion is an expensive prospect. So much so
that we find ourselves discussing the cost-tradeoff of simply leaving
the dead data around because the storage cost is so much lower than
what it would take to delete - even using the techniques mentioned in
this post.

It hurts me to think that we're leaving disks spinning with junk on
them.

Google, any improvements on this front that would lead to less
datastore CPU usage for deletions?