Hi,

As Las has said, it's a global service - the "middle of the day" downtime
for you was early morning downtime for me!  I guess it would be better if
the scheduled downtime was staggered, so that it impacted a different set of
applications each time, but I'm guessing Google are constrained with
resources.  Have you considered moving to an HR application, so that the
planned downtime doesn't impact you?

Las, as far as I'm aware all of the GAE servers are in North America and
aren't distributed around the globe.

Cheers,
Simon