Hi Ikai!

I didn't notice any performance issue here.

However I'm experiencing a lot of errors lately during instance startup.
I've AlwaysOn and the "Instances" panel clearly shows that 2 instances are
always ok, with a large Age. But one of those instances is constantly being
shut down and restarting a lot. There are also many startup requests with
"error 500". The error messages usually are:

The process handling this request unexpectedly died. This is likely to cause a
new process to be used for the next request to your application. (Error code
203)

or

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.lang.Class.isAssignableFrom(Native Method)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(ServletHolder.java:256)

A serious problem was encountered with the process that handled this request,
causing it to exit. This is likely to cause a new process to be used for the
next request to your application. If you see this message frequently, you may
be throwing exceptions during the initialization of your application. (Error
code 104)

or

Uncaught exception from servlet
javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Initialization failed.
        at
com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.AppVersionHandlerMap.createHandler(AppVersionHandlerMap.java:200)
        at
com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.AppVersionHandlerMap.getHandler(AppVersionHandlerMap.java:168)