Does this refer to the amount of time the remote host has to simply accept
the connection, or to transfer the entire response?

I'd also like to call your attention to a couple new issues:

#4878 <http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=4878>: if
you pass allow_truncated=True and the response ends up being truncated, the
Content-Length header of the returned response is inevitably overwritten
with 33554432, which is unhelpful since content_was_truncated implies this.
Would it be possible to stop overwriting this header to reduce information
loss? My application depends on knowing the total content length of the
resource in question, even if the urlfetch result is truncated.

#4879 <http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=4879>: A
bug in urlfetch is causing it to generate KeyErrors for some requests.

Thanks for reading!

Josh