haha. from this article google dredged up from that query (http://
alllooksame.com/?p=600)

"I’m not exactly sure why this shift in sentiment is happening but I
believe it started after the Dotcom bust. Many “great” ideas never saw
the light of day, and everyone realized the limitations of “great
ideas”. Not just that, the Internet made it very easy to search and
find the same or similar ideas that other people came up with. If you
have a “great idea”, you just have to Google it, and chances are,
someone else has already beat you to it."

That doesn't invalidate great ideas in the least. It just shows many
startups aren't original. The author aptly put "great" and "great
ideas" in quotes, because they aren't in that form. A great idea will
succeed. A 'me too' probably will not, even if executed well.

If a VC doesn't have the capacity to tell a truely great idea from a
"great idea (that's already been done)", well, they are in the wrong
line of business.

Of course there are many other factors involved, but this isn't a
venue for discussing VC funding strategies etc.

And yes, I'm 100% Engineer, and proud of it. :)