Or, if your application can tollerate it, you could combine these two
approaches. Fill a list up to a certain amount, and then create a new
entity when the list gets full.

I could do this but it wouldn't satisfy my need to check if a 100 ids that I
currently have as input are present in the queries already saved.

What do these thousands of ids represent? Do you just need to put and
get all of them at once, or are there more complicated things you need
to do?

Its for a twitter app. I plan to save ids of friends. I need to "put" all of
them at once. As far as "get" is concerned, the use case that would come
into effect the most is when I have a bunch of say 100 ids and need to know
if they are already present for the user.