Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply. I understand that in practice, there is no requirement
that the id's have to be unique (so long as the entire key is unique
including the parent). The allocateIds function even suggests this by
requiring that we pass parent key when reserving ids.

However, I was looking for an answer on how app engine datastore implements
this i.e. when we allow app engine generate ids, will they be unique OR does
app engine use a separate counter based on the parent key for each kind
(meaning uniqueness is only guaranteed under that parent).

I have a feeling the answer is no, but just wanted to be sure.