It's less about the data-center going down, but more about App design
and distributing it across regions. All the apps that relied on their
PaaS vendors that only provisioned in the us-east-1 region are all
hurting right now (including us). If only PaaS offerings enabled
regional affinity along with DNS fail-over to alternate regions, that
would be awesome. Does GAE do this?

K.
---
http://blitz.io (currently down)