On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Brandon Donnelson
<branflake2...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm curious, do you have experience with this? I've been envolved with a
> couple larger projects and with electricity, air conditioning/chilling,
> facility cost, engineers to maintain, security, multi ISP costs, app engine
> beats setting up something on your own. Maybe your comparing to other
> clouds? But maybe I haven't seen everything, so thats why I am curious if
> you have some better info?
>
> Brandon Donnelson
> http://gwt-examples.googlehosting.com
>
>  --

I've experience with dedicated servers and virtual dedicateds from providers
like data centers and godaddy. You can get a very fast response from a
dedicated physical server but for large and very large data sets I think GAE
is the benchmark winner. I have no experience with other cloud providers.
Cheers,
Niklas