Well I would imagine the server component that clients listen to only
expect one client to be listening to a given id.

So getting multiple connections to the same channel wont work, maybe
they will all actully appear to work, but only (say) the last will be
functional. Or when the channel api server forwards a message to the
(say) first client, it considers it job done, and ignores the other
clients also listening.

ie the server would need to be designed to able to specifically track
multiple actual clients listening. Its probably only designed to work
with one, even though it may work in some situations

(The point about incepting, say the person using the incepted token to
listen, it may well end up disconnecting the original client
(physically or virtually). ie still only one works, the original could
end up dead)