Hi Robert,

I think the problem was the cache and my understanding of how browser
'stealth' modes work. I thought if I open up a fresh 'stealth' mode
window in a browser such as Chrome, it would not read anything from
the cache. But apparently, it doesn't work that way. It still reads
the file from the cache. However, it doesn't get the login information
from the cookie. So, while I'm not logged, I could still see the file.
It works fine. When I said I used it on different browsers and
different machines, I was using the same mechanism (stealth mode) in
Chrome and Firefox on different machines and the file must have been
cached in all cases.

Thanks for your help.