Hi Albert,
  It is probably the best metric you can easily see.  But keep in
mind, that number also includes tasks.  So, if your app makes use of
lots of long-running tasks it could bias the number up (or,
conversely, lots of super fast tasks could bias it down).  Also, if
your app's loading time is very long relative to the typical time it
takes to serve a request the scheduler seems to prefer waiting for an
existing instance to serve the request.

  You'll know your app is scaling if you get new instances spun-up as
traffic increases.  If you start seeing lots of pending times in your
logs, and/or a sudden spike in latency that could indicate an issue.

Robert