Here is how I solve the same problem on my machine.

Go to control panel > programs: uninstall all JREs.

- Download the latest JDK and install and in what directory the
binaries are (e.g. java.exe)
- Add this directory path to your PATH variable: in Explorer, right
click on your computer and find out where the advance properties are
and edit the PATH variable.
To check if it works either open eclipse and try again or open a cmd
window and run "javac -version" w/o the quotes.

Figure out where it was installed *
-- superco...@gmail.com
http://supercobrablogger.blogspot.com/