Well, as long as you asked, we are indeed still working on SSL as fast as
possible, its one of our top priorities, unfortunately as you noted its
pretty complex :)  We know this is a huge need but unfortunately is not done
yet and we don't have a date we are ready to announce.  As soon as there is
anything we can announce publicly, we'll say it as loudly as possible!

Thanks for your thoughts on this!

Greg D'Alesandre
Senior Product Manager, Google App Engine