Huh?

In the same place I have error logging, I can have "Fetch URL" and send my
self an SMS, or an email, or a fax, probably if I found the service a
Carrier pigeon.  Did my traffic fall off because someone else died? I can
ask every 10 seconds "how many instances am I running?" and again fetch
something from anywhere to send the message I need to the outside world.

If all of Google went up in a pile of smoke. Then I might need something to
check that I'm still running. and that would have to be external to GAE.

Your long winded message basically says, I've been doing this for 20 years
I'm an old fogey looking for a reason to be relevant, and the only fault I
can find is that if something happens I want messaging.  It's there enable
it/build it/grow a pair.

GAE is a platform you can do anything in the platform the platform has the
bits to do.  You can't build it to send you pictures of the blinky lights on
the front of the server because it doesn't have a web cam, but short of
that, anything digital, you just talk bits over the web to what you need to
make the functionality happen.

I want GAE to focus on Speed, and Reliability (and price [today more than
ever :-)] )  not worry about is there JMS.  You can bolt that on with the
parts that are there.  You're being a troll, or an attention seeker, or a
combination there of.

I need more APIs like I need a third rectum.  And the APIs I do need are
related to the things people "expect" from python and java. Which Google now
calls "Backend" which they just announced TADA!!! They did the right thing.
Not what the Analyst said to do, because it would seem he doesn't have
experience with the platform.  You are a Prius driver complaining that the
Ferrari doesn't have a Continuous Variable Transmission, and that the Ford
F350 doesn't have remote trunk unlock on the key fob.