GAE now has Free and Enterprise plans. The free plan is useless for any
serious app and the enterprise plan will rip single developers like me and
everyone else who thinks they can sustain this through adsense and other
means (unless you do not want to make anything for yourself).

There should be a third plan in between the free and enterprise and that
plan exists, it is the current paid plan that we are all making use of where
we pay for the CPU Hours. Increase the price for that if you want!

I currently pay around $200-$300 per month to GAE. I can go a maximum of 2x
increase in price (I would still cry a couple of nights and curse whoever
thought of charging so much) but anything above that would simply make me
move on to some other platform.

I'm guessing there would be more like me. Enterprises will not spread the
word about GAE, most if not all will not participate in your google group
discussion to help others out, no one will tweet "thank you GAE for making
my life easier". We are not Enterprise!

There are a lot of things that won't happen if GAE starts treating
individual devs (or small teams of 2-3 devs) as ENTERPRISE!

Bring out a third plan. Don't be Evil.

On 12 May 2011 21:19, Brandon Donnelson <branflake2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry, but what the FUD is going on in here :).
>
> Brandon

-Nischal
+91-9920240474
twitter: NischalShetty <http://twitter.com/nischalshetty>