I agree with Kaan.  I believe Google needs to take an official stance for
all of us python developers who have invested heavily in learning how to
optimize GAE for python development.

1)  Would you please state weather GAE team will be releasing an equivalent
multi-safe-threading python environment (without the GIL) similar to java,
or have a different pricing model for python all together.

2)  If GAE team is not going to change pricing for python devs, or has no
plans to release a multi-safe-threading python environment, they could at
least be kind enough to not keep this a secret and let us know now, so we
can each make an informed decision on how we should proceed with our
projects.  Keeping us python developers in the dark is not a very pleasing
thing to experience, especially with so much effort invested on our parts.
 I lost sleep last night not knowing weather the past year of my life has
been wasted learning python GAE development for my startup.

3) And weather or not we would be better off using GAE Java.  Since I
understand App Engine, it would be easy to make a switch, but we must not be
kept in the dark.  Please make a statement answering weather Java will be
the better option for those without extremely deep pockets launching
startups.