The original design of AppEngine is pay for what you use.  Obviously the new
pricing model (min 15 min instance charge, "low latency over resources
usage") is going after the "pay for the machines you use" model.

If this is the case, it is so stupid to me that the original language of the
choice of AppEngine (python) is single threaded on AppEngine.  Google should
also update their platform alongside with the new pricing so we could make
full use of the machine resources.  Non-blocking server like tornado
(http://www.tornadoweb.org/) or node.js have proven that a single machine
can do a lot of thing. I hate to see the new pricing goes into effect
without platform update that let us make us of the "machines" that we are
paying for.