There are two mitigating things here,

1) The scheduler and instance concurrency is set to improve - meaning
less instances anyway - to do the same workload.

2) If you doing a regular  job, then reserved instances would most
likely save you money.

(And another possible, with Backends, could perhaps use a more
powerful instance to zip though tasks even quicker)

(or the shorter answer - this is still all based on speculation of the
new system, don't make decisions yet)