I was sitting down to write a VB app that would modify base source code, set
the Version, and the AppID then run the Appcfg.py update.

I wondered can I write a GAE that Publishes to another GAE, or even itself?

Thought I would ask before I started down the path. Of trying to take apart
appcfg, to see if maybe someone had done it.

Ideally what would happen is that instead of me storing my config files in
the data store, memcache and local memory, they would get hard coded, along
with some site specific Static files.  I would use a deployment app to put
all the parts together and publish the app(s).

This would save me having configs stored in datastore/memcache, but would
also allow me to better use things like favicon.ico which varies per domain
and never changes.

On a related note, can APP.Yaml specify a different static file based on the
HTTP_HOST that the request came in to?