I understand that AlwaysOn is still under discussion, but I'd just
like to point out that the old pricing model suggested that having an
idle instance costs around 0.4c/hr (0.3 / 3 / 24) while in the new
model, it costs 5c/hr (reserved instance). The old price might not be
sustainable, but a 12x jump in price is a bit dramatic IMHO.

The other thing I'd like to suggest is to restore the free email quota
to 2000 for paying apps. This way Google can both block off free rider
spammer and not look like a cheap as.