Ok, I am a poorly experienced computer nerd with a successfully implemented
GAE program running with an extensive database of 1 year's worth of user
data.  Now I would like to change my webhost and domain registrar and just
want to make sure that in doing so I won't lose this database of user data.

I would normally assume that I wouldn't lose this database, but I ran into
the problem where I tried to set up the same GAE program on two different
domains: domain yyyyyyy.com (the original, where the large database is
located) and then also have it running on zzzzzzzzz.com (this was a new
domain that I wanted to add GAE functionality to).  After I set up
zzzzzzzzzz.com, I noticed that it did not use the database from yyyyyyy.com
even though they were both running the exact same copy of the GAE program.

Do you think I will run into this same problem if I switch domain and
webhosts, even if I keep the same domain name of yyyyyy.com?

Thanks,
JF