Has anyone else run into this? I have a (mostly static content)
application running on the python appengine. I can deploy my app
without a problem.

If I access the app on the appspot.com domain after deploying, the
pages reflect the changes as expected (e.g mysite.appspot.com/
index.html) .... but the exact same pages accessed on my custom domain
(www.mysite.com/index.html) are completely unaffected by the
deployment.

Of course I did my best to flush any cache I could think of, starting
with the browser (...and checking that I was getting 200 statuses, not
304...), I use my phone to access the site over 3g and bypass any
possible proxy cache, not to avail.

I'm running out of ideas, if you have a hint, please share it!