Hi AppEngine Team!

I know you've spent significant time and energy in coming up with your
new pricing model. But I hope that even though you've already
announced your new proposed pricing changes, you would still be open
to a suggestion.

You see, I'm really wondering why we can't be charged for exactly what
we use. How about letting us pay for the total time our requests take?
Like if I had 1,000,000 requests in a day, and each one averaged at
around 100ms each, then I'd end up paying for 27.778 hours (you can
make a new price per hour for this unit), irregardless of how many
instances were used to process those requests.

IMHO, the current pricing changes doesn't seem to put a real burden on
you (Google) to provide a highly efficient scheduler. I think it even
"tempts" you to make it not so efficient so that we end up paying for
more. You could be placed in a spot where your "Don't be Evil" motto
could be questioned. I think we're all not comfortable with that.

However, if we pay for what we actually use (not in CPU time, but in
latency/real ms consumed for each request), developers like me won't
have to worry whether or not your scheduler is actually working
optimally for me or not, because the burden is on you to save on cost
by provisioning and taking down instances efficiently. You can even
abstract this whole instances factor from us, which gives us one less
factor to consider, and we can focus more on optimizing our apps
towards lower latencies.

IMHO, this seems to be a more WIN-WIN scenario.

What do you think?