I am having some problems with the deferred.py. When I try to run a
stand-alone function (i.e. not a class method) such as:

from google.appengine.ext import deferred

def easything(n):
    print "easy %s" % n

for thing in longlist:
    deferred.defer(easything, thing)

I get this in the log:
File "C:\Program Files\Google\google_appengine\google\appengine\ext
\deferred\deferred.py", line 129, in run
    raise PermanentTaskFailure(e)
PermanentTaskFailure: 'module' object has no attribute 'easything'

After reading through the documentation again and again I noticed this
in the documentation
http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/deferred.html

from google.appengine.ext import deferred

  def do_something_expensive(a, b, c=None):
      logging.info("Doing something expensive!")
      # Do your work here

  # Somewhere else
  deferred.defer(do_something_expensive, "Hello, world!", 42, c=True)

Is the function do_something_expensive supposed to be indented? I
guess what I am getting at is can I feed stand alone functions into
deferred.defer or do you have to only use methods (which would explain
the indentation - I guess). . To add more color to this question I
posted this on stackoverflow last night:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6225400/problem-posting-to-datastore-with-deferred-defer-tasks
I have found the error in the log since then, and have noticed that no
matter how simple I make the function I am getting this error. I am
not importing anything fancy.

Thanks for any help I am new to programming in general.