Hi, We've been working on making a tool to help make it easier and faster to
develop for App Engine -- it's called CoderBuddy. People can create, edit,
test and publish Python applications and static web sites in their browser,
without having to download or install anything.

It's currently in private beta, and we'd love to invite members of the group
to try developing with it. We have 100 new accounts available at:

  https://coderbuddy1.appspot.com/testinggae

Oh, and yes, it's free, even for commercial projects. There's a basic code
editor and also an HTML editor built in. We also have a new tabbed code
editor available with keyboard shortcuts (New Editor Beta), which we're
working on.

We'd love to hear your feedback and thoughts. We hope that this initial
functionality will be helpful for developing side-projects and for new
developers, and look forward to improving it based on your feedback.

Thank you,

Adrian
CEO, Founder
CoderBuddy

[ Founding investor, Napster; Founder, social networking pioneer Ryze ]

P.S. We're also interested in hearing from people who are teaching
programming (and App Engine) in workshops and meetups, as we've been testing
it out in those environments and experiencing some nice successes. We have a
few extra little features we can enable for folks who'd like to use it in
those contexts. Additionally, we'd welcome hearing from folks who'd like us
to provide Java and/or Go support about any special features they'd like to
see.

--
Adrian Scott, Ph.D.
CEO, Founder