Me too. I like most of the ideas GAE is based on and would probably keep
using it even if they doubled the price again. But if the responses in these
forums are any indication, many potential users are going to compare based
on price and GAE definitely comes off looking "premium-priced" compared to
the alternatives.

Then again, maybe the users complaining about price are just a vocal
minority.