I want to pickup realtime messages from App Engine, without polling.
App Engine can send messages down the Channel API socket, and browsers
can field them, in real time. I want these same messages to be picked
up by a server that is listening using node.js. So I guess that
requires a Channel API client, implemented for node.js, analogous to
how it's implemented for browsers. My thought is that this client will
just sit there listening, and when a string of text comes in, it will
pass it to the Tropo speech engine to speak. This would all be
happening within the context of a phone call.

This may be wishful thinking, but I hoping somebody can set me
straight, even to say that what I'm asking for doesn't quite make
sense.