Hi Michael,

You can use CGI - simply output the headers, a blank line, then the body to
the HTTP response. This is what run_wsgi_app does. You can't do this from
within a WSGI app, though, as the app will then do the same thing when your
code returns. You shouldn't call sys.exit - it won't do anything, and
handlers persist for multiple requests anyway.

None of this will help, however, as the bug is outside the appserver and
isn't WSGI related.

-Nick Johnson

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Michael <mich...@atastypixel.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've been having trouble with an App Engine production bug (http://
> code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=5272), which is
> preventing my use of application-specific headers.
>
> I was wondering, is there a way to manually construct a response,
> bypassing WSGI entirely, and simply exiting the application?
>
> This way, I could simply write the HTTP response, headers, and content
> to stdout myself, bypassing the bug.
>
> Attempting to do so, then calling sys.exit does not achieve the
> desired result: the server still appears to be creating its own
> headers, and everything written to standard out (including the HTTP
> headers) are output as content.
>
> Many thanks,
> Michael

Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine