Why does there have to be any minimum beyond per second billing -
based on actual times that it was running ?

Why can we not config the types of load increases and drops, under
which it should be started and shut down ?

As long as we are paying for the startup and shutdown processing
itself, why there have to be any extra charges?

It is not like shut down resources are not going to be recycled and
used elsewhere.  As a matter of fact, how many times (within that 15
period) could the same physical resource be recycle and charged back
to multiple customers ?!?