I don't agree.

Used an external proxy will act as a bottleneck in a scallable system. And
you'll have to manage this proxy too. (And I don't want to have to)

It's a good workaround, like use the V2 of Map API. But for me, it's not the
right fix.

And I'll be happy with an "official" statement about this issue, even if
it's a "won't fix"

Regards