Another thing that occurs to me is that anyplace I've used a key external to
the application would have to be dealt with.  For example, one of our apps has
an RSS feed that our managers use to keep track of whether customers have
uploaded new information.  This looks like:

http://myapp.com/rss?cust=DAFHP983RPFDSALFHDSKLFJHLSDKAFH

(where the gobledegook is the datastore key)

My managers would need to update all their bookmarks, since I believe that key
has the name of the app pickled in it someplace, right?

Is there any way to avoid having the keys change when I switch to HR?

If not, is there a way that I could decorate database queries so that they
quietly turn old keys into new ones?

-Joshua