Hello folks,

I am writing an application  using  AppEngine 1.5.1, GWT 2.3, Maven 3
and Objectify 3.0 for the data persistence.

I want to be able to start my local AppEngine dev server with some
previous data
So i wrote a small script that generate me a local_db.bin file using
the Appengine's LocalServiceTestHelper class.

Everything works fine, after running the script, i get the "Time to
persist:...ms" log, and the file is effectively created
and  seems to contain the data i have put in it.

Then, i place it  in the folder "src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/appengine-
generated" of my project,
 so that maven automatically copies it to the "WEB-INF/appengine-
generated" directory of my WAR folder: which happened successfully.

I have added the following instruction to the maven-gae-plugin
configuration in  my pom.xml:

                                        <jvmFlags>

<jvmFlag>-Ddatastore.backing_store=${project.basedir}/$
{target.dir}/WEB-INF/appengine-generated/local_db.bin</jvmFlag>
                                        </jvmFlags>

to prevent the application from  creating a new "local_db.bin" file
everytime it starts, but instead uses the one i have specified.

But when running it with the "mvn gae:run" command, after the jetty
server starts, i getting the following error when requesting the db
the first time:

" Failed to load from the backing store, MY_APP_FOLDER\target\dev\WEB-
INF\appengine-generated\local_db.bin
java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header: EFBFBDEF"

Here is the complete log:

INFO: The server is running at http://localhost:8080/
8 juil. 2011 12:18:17
com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.DevAppEngineWebAppContext
disableTransportGuarantee
INFO: Ignoring <transport-guarantee> for /* as the SDK does not
support HTTPS.  It will still be used when you upload your
application.
8 juil. 2011 12:18:18
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.dev.LocalDatastoreService load
INFO: Failed to load from the backing store, MY_APP_FOLDER\target\dev
\WEB-INF\appengine-generated\local_db.bin
java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header: EFBFBDEF
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:782)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(ObjectInputStream.java:
279)
        at
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.dev.LocalDatastoreService.load(LocalDatastoreService.java:
1407)
        at
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.dev.LocalDatastoreService.start_(LocalDatastoreService.java:
427)
        at
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.dev.LocalDatastoreService.access
$300(LocalDatastoreService.java:122)
        at com.google.appengine.api.datastore.dev.LocalDatastoreService
$1.run(LocalDatastoreService.java:420)
        at
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.dev.LocalDatastoreService.start(LocalDatastoreService.java:
418)
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.ApiProxyLocalImpl.startServices(ApiProxyLocalImpl.java:
562)
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.ApiProxyLocalImpl.access
$700(ApiProxyLocalImpl.java:46)
        at com.google.appengine.tools.development.ApiProxyLocalImpl
$2.run(ApiProxyLocalImpl.java:544)
        at com.google.appengine.tools.development.ApiProxyLocalImpl
$2.run(ApiProxyLocalImpl.java:542)
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.ApiProxyLocalImpl.getService(ApiProxyLocalImpl.java:
541)
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.ApiProxyLocalImpl.resolveDeadline(ApiProxyLocalImpl.java:
214)
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.ApiProxyLocalImpl.doAsyncCall(ApiProxyLocalImpl.java:
195)
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.ApiProxyLocalImpl.makeAsyncCall(ApiProxyLocalImpl.java:
155)

Any idea?

Thanks in advance for your help!